With Healing having National Occupational Standards (NOS), there is an added imperative not just to provide a standard of training, but to ensure and demonstrate that any such training is consistent with a curriculum widely accepted within the healing movement. Such training is an essential requirement for any healer or organisation looking to register with the General Regulatory Council for Complementary Therapies (GRCCT). The Core Curriculum developed by the CHO and UK Healers as Joint Lead Body for Healing, is based on the National Occupational Standards for Healing and aims to:
- Serve the healing movement as a whole and protect the public
- Be the benchmark for healing training course content and assessment
- Meet the NOS for Healing as a minimum but allow for individual organisations to pitch their courses in ways that meet their needs
- Be comparable with the core curricula of other disciplines within complementary healthcare
- Meet the requirements of the GRCCT for registration with that body
Currently in draft form, the Core Curriculum consists of a two year programme of training and development involving a minimum of 200 hours of study and practice of which a minimum of 100 hours is direct contact time with a trainer or mentor.
If you would like to know more about the Core Curriculum and how you may make use of it then please get in touch.